In this final session of the film, Stein considers from history what happens when an idea or point of view is censored. He focuses on Nazi Germany and its unwillingness to consider any point of view but its own. He compares such tactics to those being used today against the Intelligent Design theory. True freedom must allow for opposing views to be debated openly and fully, thus avoiding the sound of “one hand clapping.”
- EST. TIME 2 hrs
- POINTS 1000
- Is the Academy Closing Its Mind?
- Has the Debate Been Finally Resolved?
- How Did Life Begin?
- How Can Scientific Consensus Be Challenged?
- What Is the Outcome of Such Censorship?
- Review by Scientific American
- Review by American Thinker
- Resources for Further Study
Expelled No Intelligence Allowed DVD Ben Stein Darwin on Trial Phillip E. Johnson The Greatest Show on Earth: The Evidence for Evolution Richard Dawkins