In this fifth video session, Jeffrey Tucker is joined by Walter Block to discuss Chapters 9 and 10 of the book. Block holds the Harold E. Wirth Eminent Scholar Endowed Chair in Economics at the J. A. Butt School of Business at Loyola University New Orleans.
- EST. TIME 2 hrs
- POINTS 1000
- The Broken Window and The Blessings of Destruction
- Public Works Mean Taxes and Taxes Discourage Production
- Abundant Credit Diverts Production
- The Curse of Machinery and Spread-the-Work Schemes
- Disbanding Troops and Bureaucrats and The Fetish of Full Employment
- Who's Protected By Tariffs? and The Drive for Exports
- Parity Prices and Saving the X Industry
- How The Price System Works and Stabilizing Commodities
- Minimum Wage Laws and Do Unions Really Raise Wages?
- The Function of Profits and The Mirage of Inflation
- The Assault on Savings
- Resources for Further Study
Economics in One Lesson Henry Hazlitt The General Theory of Employment, Interest and Money John Maynard Keynes